The EKM Insight monitors are intelligent data collection agents that are installed at the customers site.
The monitors are self contained installation packages that install in minutes onto a suitable workstation or server, including virtual machines if needed.
- They are lightweight applications that can co-exist with most applications to reduce the need for dedicated workstations in small to medium environments.
- Discovery of devices is by SNMP only to reduce network traffic and as they do not ping, multicast or broadcast, firewalls do not see them as ‘hostile’ and so discovery and monitoring can take place during working hours
- They are intelligent data gatherers that not only collect the data from the devices but pre-process it and check for errors and abnormalities before the data is sent to the portal. Only sending differential data to the portal dramatically improves the system performance.
- All transmission of data to the Insight portals is using XMPP on a secure port, a secure store-and-forward protocol to ensure all data is sent quickly with reliability and no data loss.
EKM Insight Monitors are available on the following operating systems:
- Windows (Windows 7 or above, Server 2008 R2 or above)
- MacOs (Yosemite 10.10 onwards)
- Linux (Ubuntu recommended)
- Embedded (due Q1 2021)